Day 2 - What am I good at ? What resources do I have ?
Today I sat down and thought about the skills and resources I already have at my disposal, and how I can start to use them to make a portable income.
Without much effort I came up with the following:
- I'm literate, I'm no Arthur Miller but I can string a few words together into a sentence.
- Having spent nearly 30 years supporting large scale telephone and contact centre solutions I have strong and adaptable technical skills.
- I have been setting up and running websites since the late 90's and am proficient in creating web pages using html, php, and databases.
- I'm proficient in the use of Joomla
- Cooking is my creative outlet, I'm no professional but I'm a pretty good home cook and I'm keen to learn more.
- I love woodworking.
- I've had some success in the past with affiliate marketing
- I'm proficient in sourcing & importing products.
- I've had some success selling products on E-bay.
- I've had some success selling products from e-commerce websites.
- I understand the basics of Search Engine Optimisation ( SEO)
- I have a good job which pays quite well.
- I'm a quick learner.
Looking at this I figure I should be able to start making a few dollars fairly quickly while I start working on a longer term strategy to develop a real income.
- Rob Galloway